Tuesday 25 October 2011

Gilded Gourmet...

Anyone who knows me well will be aware of my mild obsession with edible glitter!  It all started a few years back when M&D Bijoux were celebrating their Ruby Wedding Anniversary and myself and Miss R organised a surprise lunch for them complete with 40 {one for every year of marriage} ruby red helium balloons {another of my obsessions} and a homemade vanilla Cheesecake covered in red edible glitter.  Like a Dorothy shoe for your taste buds!  It went down very well and from that moment I was hooked.  I often feel a friends birthday is not complete without me making some sort of chocolate treat laced with glitter, gold is my current colour of choice and you can spot who has been indulging too, glitter goes everywhere - even better!  So you can imagine how excited I was when I read about this amaze new product 'Food Finish' from The Deli Garage on www.trendland.net today.  Its's essentially an edible {tasteless & harmless - although E number laden} metallic spray paint that you can use on food.  What a GENIUS idea.  Gold 'plated' apple anyone?.... Why stop there, how about a gilded turkey on Christmas day, I would so love to see Daddy Bijoux's face! I have so many ideas about how this could be used and am dying to get my hands on some and share with you the results - watch this space.

Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment