Monday 5 September 2011

GOLD VISAGE...

What is it about this time of year that makes me start thinking about halloween costumes {nearly two months early}?  Maybe it is the fact that Miss R and myself's birthday is just around the corner and a fancy dress soiree is unfortunately not on the cards {the joys of sharing your birthday with your non-fancy-dress-loving twin sister, only joking Rose - well kind of!}  Anyway it means that I am probably going to be posting alot a couple of All Hallow's Eve costume and makeup musings up until the 30th October - I will try to space them out!  So the question is - gold leaf, glitter or paint...?

 Vivienne Westwood Red Label Fall Winter 2011-12
Vivienne Westwood Fall Winter 2011-12
DOPPELGANGER - fashion by Isabelle Kountoure, photography Anthony Maule
POP magazine Issue 25
The obvious inspiration behind this conceptual catwalk makeup look, Miss Shirley Eaton looking HOT HOT HOT as Jill Masterson, the iconic Bond girl in Goldfinger.
The third 007 movie Goldfinger opening credits sung of course by Shirley Bassey

...and whilst I am on the subject of this precious metal here are a few of my fave examples of 
gilded goodness from the A/W 2011-12 shows, gold glitterati gets my vote!
click me!
{Stella McCartney, Vivienne Westwood, Miu Miu, Moschino, Dolce & Gabbana, Miu Miu}
all catwalk images - www.style.com 

Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment