Saturday 28 May 2011

Bearded Lace...

I LOVE lace. French, corded, eyelash, scalloped edged (especially), antique bobbin; so many guises, so many ways to wear.  It is an exquisite fabric that my love affair with will never tire.  So imagine my lace lust when I came across this photo.  Shot by Karl Lagerfeld, ex Vogue Paris editor Carinne Roitfeld looks stunning rocking some rather sexy 'facial hair'.  It reminded me of a lace eyemask I had fashioned when I went to a masked ball several years ago, so thought I would share it with you all.  This image will feature in Visionaire 60: Religion which has been guest edited by one of my fashion heroes Ricardo Tisci in collaboration with Givenchy.  With only 3000 editions and a price tag of $425 unfortunately I don't think I will be experiencing the image in print personally (sigh).

Carine Roitfeld by Mr Lagerfeld for Visionaire 60: Religion
Miss J {2007}


 

No comments:

Post a Comment