Wednesday 17 August 2011

Grey-day...

So, this time last year Miss R decided she was no longer cool with being my colourist , I vowed to stop bleaching my hair white blond and so I kissed goodbye to my hair-do homage to Miss Monroe that I had been rocking with various rinses {baby blue, lilac, pale pink etc} for several years.  When you are giving yourself an impromptu hair cut everytime you brush your hair, it's time to give your hair a break {quite literally}!  So since banning the bleach I have managed to get through the dark root/light ends dilemna with a combo of red and hot pink semi permanent rinses on the bleach.  I have, on several occassions been complemented on my coiffure, obviously being mistaken for the hot hair trend of the summer; dip-dyed ends!  If only they knew that my hair is in a total hurry up and grow limbo-land stage, and guess what other discovery I have made growing out my natural color for the first time since I was like 15?  I am going grey - eek!!!  Unlike my lush friend Tamsin who has a shock of grey at the front of her hair that looks so cool in a 'yes, I was struck by lightning kind of way'.  All in one place not appearing sporadically all over her head like myself.  So what is a girl to do, if Miss R is to be listened to then tweezers are the only answer - remove imediately and keep checking back regularly.  However Mummy Bijoux has said that is not a good idea - it will just thin your hair out.  So what is a grey girl to do?  Well look below for inspiration that is what, and worship at the grey hair alter that is Miss Kristen McMenamy and her rapunzlesque long waves...

'Super Natural' LOVE magazine A/W 2011 

Freja Beha Erichsen working a wavy grey wig in the Chanel A/W 2011 ad campaign

more wigging out, this time Sasha Pivovarova works it for Vogue June 2010

...oh and here is a photo of myself unleasing my inner Gaga at Siouxsie's 30th bithday monster's ball last October, god I LOVE dressing up!

Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment