Monday 6 September 2010

The day before...setting up the barn

Here are a few photos of the day before setting up the empty barn and turning it into our Bijoux wedding dream...

You can just see Miss J on the right of this photo having a quick water break and pondering just how much we had to do...and probably in hindsight cursing why she had kindly offered to make one of her amazing Carrot Cakes (my favourite cake in the world) as our wedding cake today on top of everything else.

...and here I am Illustrator turned Florist for the day. Selecting/buying the flowers and then arranging them was one of the jobs I was really looking forward to. I absolutely love arranging flowers! Miss J and I went quite crazy and bought so many, I had no idea they would take so long to arrange, I was at the venue until about 9 o'clock the night before and then back at 8am on the morning of the wedding to finish them. I couldn't sleep anyway so it really didn't matter. All I can say is that I would never have got them finished without Mr R's best man Mr M jimmying me along with a countdown to when I absolutely had to be out of the venue and go and get ready. Needless to say and as everyone who knows me guessed I was late for the church, but I'll come to that later on.



No comments:

Post a Comment